Saturday, October 24, 2009

William Lewis

Billy was born January 30, 2007. He surprised us very early arriving at 32 weeks. Hhe arrived at 6:26pm, weighing 3 lbs 11oz and was 16.9 inches long.

Throughout the night before he was born, I kept waking up feeling times of upset stomach, I thought. Eventually I couldn't sleep through it and called my mom about 6am. She said I needed to call my doctor. I decided to be at the office when they opened at 8:30. Rich said I just had indigestion since I was cleaning the night before and ate an entire pizza. So, he went off to law school and I drove myself to the doctor. By the time I got there, I could barely walk, the contractions had become so painful. My doctor saw me at the desk, trying to pay my co-pay and I could barely stand. They put me right in a room, hooked me up to monitor and examined me. I was 1 cm and 100% effaced. She said I needed to go to the hospital and that I shouldn't wait for Rich and that since it was rush hour they called an ambulance. I met Rich at the hospital. They tried to stop labor giving me Magnesium Sulfate but I kept progressing. At 7 cm, I got an epidural and was finally able to relax a little. My blood pressure dropped and the baby's heartrate right after the epidural but his heartrate picked right back up and all was fine. Right before he was born, my doctor called a NICU team and they were all there as I pushed him out and then they took him and checked him out. He was really doing well, just tiny and really early, but healthy. We were so lucky. We had not picked out a name yet and thought we had more time. We chose his name in the delivery room. (A trend that we continued 2 more times!)




He spent 5 weeks in the NICU.





When he was released he weighed 4 lbs 10 oz. He spent the next 9 months on an apnea monitor at home.



Billy is now 2 and a half year old, he loves going to the YMCA, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, watching Ninja Warrior with his Dad and brother, B-ball, doing sticker books and puzzles.


No comments:

How to reach us...

amyandrichsfamily@yahoo.com